Findlay Marina is located north of Marker 5 just past the bridge on the west side of the lake. They offer numerous slips ranging from 8' in length up to 80' in length. To see some of the prices of their slips scroll down to the bottom of the page. Remember that these prices were copied from their site a year ago so they could have changed over time ,since it seems like everything goes up in price these days, but they will give you a good idea of some of their prices and what to expect.
Findlay Marina also offers almost all of the services you can expect or hope for from a marina. At their main sales office up on shore they offer boat repairs, parts and accessories, boat storage, boat and motor sales, and their main offices for rental and slip questions. Their on the lake store offers boat rentals, gas and oil sales, bait, refreshments, sandwiches, guide service, and the all important beer and liquor sales.
Findlay Marina is centrally located on Lake Shelbyville allowing easy and quick access right onto the main lake. It is very close to Cove 5 (Party Cove) for easy access to the party. It is also close to numerous other quieter coves if you want more alone time or want to steer clear of the crowds. Due to its central location it is a easy trip to either Lithia Springs or to Fox Harbor if you have a craving for Subway or want to grab a bite and a beer at Skeeters on the Lake. Eagle Creek is just down the way from Findlay for those who need a golf fix or a nice sit down dinner. The town of Findlay is just a few minutes down the road for quick access to food or a dinner out at one of their great resteraunts.
I have been slipping The Filthy Oar at Findlay Marina for close to a decade so I may be slightly biased in my review. The employees of Findlay Marina as well as the renters and patrons have all been great to work with over the years. The whole marina seems more like a family gathering rather than a place to just keep your boat when not using it. It is always easy to find someone at the office to ask questions and schedule repairs and their always seems to be people around the docks that are more than willing to lend a hand when help is needed (just be sure to make sure that you a beer for the other hand). There also always seems to be good people, good conversation, and cold beer on the docks in the evening after a day of boating out on the open lake.
Boat Rental Rates:
36 Person Capacity
Grill and Toilet onboard
Half Day $235.00
Full Day $360.00
Half Day $295.00
Full Day $465.00
14 Person Capacity
16 Person Maximum Capacity
24 Person Capacity
Fishing Boat Rental
Boat w/ 6HP Motor
|Findlay Marina offers sales, service and slips for
boats ranging from 8' to 80' in length.
At Main Sales Office
Boat and Motor Sales
Parts & Accessories
At Ship's Store
Gas & Oil
Slip Rental Rates
*YEARLY SLIPS CONTRACTS TAKE PROCEDENCE AND MONTHLY RATES ONLY APPLY WHEN AVAILABLE**
ALL SLIP RENTERS MUST CONFORM TO ALL MARINA AND CORPS RULES AND REGULATIONS COMPLETE LIST AVAILABLE AT MAIN OFFICE.
* No GASOLINE MAY BE CARRIED IN CANS OR CONTAINERS ANYWHERE INSIDE THE MARINA OR DOCK AREAS.
* ANY VESSEL ENTERING THE MARINA FOR THE FIRST TIME FOR DOCKAGE AND IS 15 YEARS OR OLDER WILL BE SUBJECT TO PRIOR INSPECTION OR SURVEY BEFORE ADMITTANCE IS ACCEPTED.
* ANY VESSEL DOCKED AT THE MARINA MAY BE SUBJECT TO INSPECTION FOR EPA OR SAFETY ISSUES.
* ALL VESSELS DOCKED AT THE MARINA MUST HAVE ADEQUATE HULL INSURANCE AND BE COVERED BY A LIABILITY INSURANCE POLICY WITH FINDLAY MARINA INC. LISTED AS AN ADDITIONAL INSURED. PROOF OF INSURANCE MUST BE FILE AT THE MARINA OFFICE TO VALIDATE SLIP CONTRACT.
* SLIP RENTERS CAN ONLY HIRE OUTSIDE CONTRACTORS OR SERVICE PERSONNEL THAT ARE APPROVED BY THE MARINA AND HAVE PROOF OF INSURANCE.
* CITY WATER WILL NOT BE USED TO WASH BOATS OR DOCKS. CITY WATER IS FOR POTABLE USE ONLY.
* ANY TRAILERS LEFT IN PARKING OR STORAGE AREAS WITHOUT CURRENT STORAGE STICKER WILL BE IMPOUNDED.
Now the above prices are prices copied from Findlay Marinas website. They are in no way set in stone and may have changed since I last checked them. They will give you a good guess on what their prices were. I recommend checking out their website at http://www.findlaymarine.com to get up to date prices and to see the rules and regulations that comes with renting a slip or boat from them.